Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I think that the week before a deployment are the worst days. Constantly at the back of my mind I am thinking that we only have x amount of days left together, or this will be the last time we do this until he gets back. I try not to think about these things as I am trying to hold myself together. I am sad that Adam is leaving and wish he could stay but I know he has to go. I've been trying to restrain myself from asking him not to go since I know he has to and I know it hurts him when I ask that. So far we have had a wonderful week together. We have had fun in Virginia Beach and went up to Delaware for my birthday last weekend. It was great seeing Adam's family again and playing with his nephew and niece. It was also fun seeing more of the east coast since I've never driven through Virginia and Maryland before, I'll post pictures soon. I'm dreading saying goodbye to Adam especially since he'll be dropping me off at the airport and I'll have to wait around for my flight knowing that he is only so many minutes away. I just want to get to the comfort of our house and our dogs so I can have a good cry and feel better.

No comments: