Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Apart Again
First, let me tell you the story of Adam of I. We met unbelievably on craigslist of all places. He had posted in the platonic section looking for a cuddle buddy. At that time in my life I had just had a huge fight with a close friend while all my other local friends were leaving the area and the current guy in my life had no time for me. I felt alone and was not too happy with life. Adam was there for me and didn't even know me. We met on the boardwalk one night and haven't been apart since...except for deployment. Adam was deployed to Kuwait last year from May until November. I missed him but things weren't so bad. I moved home with my family which helped tremendously and time flew by and he was home again. We had to get all settled again down here in San Diego, found a place to live, moved the cat in, got a puppy. I started school this January for my teaching credential and am just about finished. Things were going well until Adam was temporarily loaned out to a unit on the east coast that will be deployed to Iraq this fall. He had to leave at the beginning of June to go back east to start training. I of course could not go with him since I am finishing up school and have our life here to take care of. It is frustrating being the one left behind, continuing with the life you share while the other is off having new adventures. Some days I feel like I am just trying to survive, feed the pets, try to clean something, maybe get some sleep. Even though he is just on the east coast I feel Adam's being away deeper this time. Some days I feel like I am losing my mind and just crave a hug from him. He's not just my boyfriend but he is my best friend too and having him away is just a lonely business. Well that is all for tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Cuddle-buddy" is not platonic, my dear...
...but your words are sweet and honest. Keep writing. It will get you through this tough time.
Post a Comment