Friday, January 30, 2009

Hard

So we are about two days away from our halfway point in this deployment, finally! Tonight is one of those nights where I miss Adam from deep down inside, I just feel sadness deep down. I've been sick this week, which is no fun when you're a substitute and I want is one of his hugs. I think I just get sad sometimes. I wish that some of my good friends were down here. I don't feel like I have anyone to turn to down here. The people I see the most of are my dog park friends, sad huh? I know that everything will be alright as soon as Adam is back home for good, it's just getting there and keeping my sanity that is the difficult part.
I have been keeping busy with substituting though. It seem like ever since the year round schools have gone back from winter break, I have been constantly booked up. Yesterday I had kindergarten, which I normally don't like to sub for since it can be challenging. I had a little girl pee on the carpet while we were sitting doing math. I didn't even notice until another child pointed it out to me and then I figured out who was sitting there. The little girl didn't even tell me, I asked her why and she just stared at me blankly. The thing I do really like about kinder, is the singing songs and playing around, it is not as serious as all the other grades and the kids are so excited about school! Well that is all for now, I think it is time to watch Top Gun and wish my girls were here to watch it with me...

No comments: